Saturday 26 April 2008

Free Reading, Swear Words and Reviews!

I'm having one of those mornings where, even though I only had one beer last night, I feel more than a little bit hungover. What's wrong with me? I think I'm just getting old... :o(
Oh well, while I slope around the house feeling sorry for myself here's some stuff that I found on the internet this week...

The 'Pulp Idol' short story competition is up and running again over at the SFX site. Someone posted This as a good example of a time travel story, made me laugh :o)

Staying on the free reading theme, Gary Braunbeck's Rami Temporales makes for a haunting read. Keep an eye on the blog for more Gary Braunbeck bits and pieces in the next week or so.

Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics laid the foundations for subsequent robot stories in science fiction. It will be interesting to see if Warren Ellis' Three Laws have a similar effect...

Fantasy Book Critic takes a look at David Gunn's Maximum Offense, he liked it as well ;o)

Jay Tomio gives us an update on what is happening over at Fantasy Book Spot.

Grasping for the Wind takes a look at Jim Hines' Goblin War. It looks interesting and I may just have to check these out.

Staying with Jim Hines, he has declared war on Patrick Rothfuss...

Last, but not least, Dark Wolf Reviews takes a look at R.A. Salvatore's Promise of the Witch King.

What am I doing what all this is going on? Well, I've finally started on Greg Keyes' 'The Born Queen' (great stuff) and I'm also dipping into a couple of short story collections. I also went to Forbidden Planet last night so expect at least a couple of posts about all the comics I came home with! :o)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: